Thursday 8 December 2011

Exclusive Interview of Adivi Sesh (Panjaa fame)

Adivi Sesh belonging to a family of writers made his debut with the offbeat film Karma as an actor and director. Although he received critical acclaim the film bombed at box-office. He is the younger brother of Sai Kiran Adivi who is known to us with films Vinayakudu and Karma (as presenter). 

The actor in him is coming with a biggie this time in Panjaa and will be seen in a completely different avatar playing a villainous role. Adivi Sesh speaks his mind, about his career and Panjaa. The actor plans to charter a separate path for him among his peers. Here is an exclusive interview of Adivi Sesh 

Q. How did you get this chance?

Sesh: It was because of one of our producers Neelima Tirumalasetti. She saw my first film Karma and felt that I’ll suit for this role and called me up to Hyderabad for discussion. 

Vishnu too watched Karma and was impressed a lot with my performance in the film. They believed that I could do justice to this character. The rest is all you know.

Q. How was the working experience with Pawan Kalyan and unit of Panjaa?

Sesh: Fantastic!  Initially, I was a bit apprehensive being a new comer and he being such a huge star. But as soon as I joined the sets, all those apprehensions faded away from my mind. He is a thorough professional and true to the tag “People’s Power Star”. He is very down to earth and encouraged me throughout the movie. 

On the first day of the shoot, he asked me “Where are you from?” I said I’m a Telugu guy sir. I hail from West Godavari district. Then he started interacting with me regularly on the sets and continued to be a valuable support throughout the making of Panjaa.

Q. Any memorable or funny incident on the sets?

Sesh: As I said, the first meeting with Power Star is the most memorable incident ever and I’m very happy for it.

Q. Tell me about your character in the film…

Sesh: I play an out and out negative character (villain) in the film. I along with Atul Kulkarni and Jackie Shroff play the three main antagonists in the film. The scenes involving me and Jackie Shroff have shaped up very well and audience will definitely love it.

Q. Are you doing a full length character in Panjaa?

Sesh: I play a major role in the film and I’ll be there in the movie in most crucial scenes involving Pawan Kalyan. The duration of my character will be up to 35-40 minutes. You can see me in Veyyara Cheyyi Veyyara song too.

Q. Apart from your role, which one you like the most?

Sesh: Pawan Kalyan’s! I have only negative shade in me and so do the other villains. But, Pawan Kalyan has many dimensions to his role. He plays a ruthless killer, a lover and has hilarious side too. So, he is the central character of the film and I really love it. 

Apart from him, I like the character of Jackie Shroff the most. Also, I share most of my scenes with him in the film. His performance is remarkable.

Q. How about Brahmanandam’s character in the movie?

Sesh: He is a great comedian. His character is as you all know Paparayudu. The comedy episodes between Pawan and Brahmanandam are very hilarious and will be one of the highlights of the film. The song too is very hilariously choreographed on screen and will make fans go crazy. I’m actually waiting to see the response of it in theaters. 

Q. There are rumors that the film is a tragedy, is this true?

Sesh: I can’t tell you this because I haven’t watched the film in its entirety till today (giggles).

Q. What’s your favorite song in the movie?

Sesh: I liked all the songs and especially Panjaa title song is my pick. Yuvan Shankar Raja is a great talent and he has given many great songs. But, Pawan Kalyan has taken that song to another level. He has with his reach taken the song to all the demographics. I can hear the song in a club, weddings, in mobiles and everywhere. It’s all because of only one man Pawan Kalyan! 

After that, I like Kshanam Kshanam song for its beautiful lyrics.

Q. How was the film shaped up? Are you confident on film’s success at box-office?

Sesh: The film has been made with high technical values and a thought process behind every scene. Even a small scene, for example, the one you saw in the first teaser (Pawan in background with a gun shown) has been shot with lot of insight. From the positioning of the camera to the lighting, the Cinematographer (PS Vinod) and director have worked out on each scene like that. 

On the whole, it’ll be a very stylish entertainer with nuances not seen before in Telugu cinema and this is where it will be path breaking and trendsetter. I hope our efforts will be rewarded. 

Q. If offered, will you play negative roles again?

Sesh: I believe every film is a universe in itself and that universe has some defining characters. I’ve seen many films where hero is present from first to last frame but doesn’t define that universe and hence, that character is rendered useless. I don’t want to do such roles. I want to do characters that drive that universe and if that happens to be a negative or positive role I don’t mind doing it. 

Q. Your future projects?

Sesh: The immediate project would be my second film as a director, where I’m only donning the director’s cap. Also, I’m looking forward to work as hero under the direction of my brother Sai Kiran Adivi. Right now, it’s in discussion stages.

Q. You said you are directing the film, is it going to be on the lines of Karma?

Sesh: It’s an interesting idea we are working on. The script work is currently going on; it’s a heist genre film with realistic humor. As I said, it’s still an ongoing process but that is the basic idea behind it.

Q. Any dreams roles?

Sesh: Yes, I do have dream roles, but right now I can’t tell you that. I’m waiting for the right script and if everything gets finalized, I’ll reveal the details.

Q. Did you watch any Pawan’s films earlier? If so, what’s your favorite?

Sesh: I’ve grown up watching Pawan’s movies like any other person. Especially his film Tholi Prema is the best film to me. I don’t think a film has ever influenced me like this film has. Pawan has shown what he is capable of in that movie. Sometimes, I used to think that can I act or romance a heroine on screen like him (smiles).

Pawan Kalyan and Mahesh Babu are the two big heroes I really admire. Their charisma is unmatched.

Q.  Tell us about the director of the film?

Sesh: Vishnuvardhan is a very talented and disciplined director. He knows how to engage the actors and how to extract the best from anyone. He narrated me my role for 6 hours by enacting himself when I went for the audition. He has a great eye for visuals and has a fabulous stylistic approach to mount a film. It is his directorial skills that differentiate this film from others in this (gangster) genre.

Q. As you said Panjaa is a gangster movie, such movies generally tend to be very heavy, how can a common man connect to this film and find it entertaining?

Sesh: Yes, Panjaa is a gangster movie, but the film has elements that would cater to or be liked by different sections of audience who are spread across A, B and C centers. 

As I’ve said above, the visual aesthetics of the film sets it apart from others and give this film completely a different perspective and feel. And for this alone Panjaa is set to become a trendsetter among all the gangster movies. Director Vishnu along with PS Vinod (Cinematographer) has given the film an International look and feel which will stay with the audience long after the film is finished.

Q. Say a few words about the producers….

Sesh: They are pucca professional people with fantastic planning. They extended their support in all forms to all the unit members and that’s the reason for the movie to shape up that well.

Q. When are you planning to watch the movie?

Sesh: I’ve planned to watch it 4-5 times in a row in couple of multiplexes, single screens ranging from A, B and C centers.



No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments